On 2/2/16 10:34 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Auditing is a pretty security/enterprisey-related thing that could do
with the "officially considered to of the PostgreSQL project standard
and ready for production" rubber-stamp that tends to go along with most
end-user/admin-oriented stuff shipped in the tarball.

Which is exactly why I think .Org needs an official "Extensions" project
which would completely eliminate these arguments. A project team
explicitly for vetting extensions.

Yeah, it's disappointing that PGXN doesn't seem to have really taken off. I'm sure a big part of that is the need for even SQL extensions to have server access, but I suspect part of it is because it's a separate project.