On 07/03/16 11:54, José Luis Tallón wrote:
On 03/07/2016 07:30 AM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
From: pgsql-hackers-ow...@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-hackers-ow...@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Mark Kirkwood
For cloud - in particular Openstack (which I am working with ATM), the
biggest thing would be:

- multi-master replication

or failing that:

- self managing single master failover (voting/quorum etc)

Hmm.... consul (optionally in a dockerized setup) ?
    https://www.consul.io/

There are already HA solutions based on consensus, like Patroni: https://github.com/zalando/patroni

so that operators can essentially 'set and forget'. We currently use
Mysql+ Galera (multi master) and Mongodb (self managing single master)
and the convenience and simplicity is just so important (Openstack is a
huge complex collection of services - hand holding of any one service is
pretty much a non starter).
Yes, I was also asked whether PostgreSQL has any optional functionality like Galera Cluster for MySQL. He was planning a scalable PaaS service which performs heavy reads and writes. Demand exists.

AFAIK, Galera has its own set of drawbacks....

Right, some of them are explained here: https://aphyr.com/posts/327-jepsen-mariadb-galera-cluster

    Regards,

    Álvaro

--