Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
> Somewhat related is how we name the git branches. It would help me from
> a buildfarm POV if we kept lexically them sortable, which could be done
> at least for the next 90 major releases :-) by adding an underscore
> after the REL piece, thus: REL_10_STABLE. I realise that's a way off,
> but it's worth bringing up while we're discussing the topic.

Hmm, sounds a bit C-locale-centric, but I have no objection to inserting
an underscore there if it seems helpful.

What I thought would be worth discussing is whether to continue using the
"_STABLE" suffix.  It seems rather like a noise word for our purposes.
OTOH, dropping it might be a headache for scripts that deal with branch
names --- any thoughts?