Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Not sure about actually incorporating it into our repo.  Doing so would
>> make it easier for people to use, for sure, and the license seems to be
>> regular 3-clause BSD, so that angle is OK.  But do we want to be carrying
>> around another 150K of source code?

> The alternatives are

> 1. rely on the dead code we've been using so far (the old BSD indent
> patched with our Pg-specific tweaks), or

> 2. rely on someone else's upstream code -- in this case, FreeBSD's as
> patched by Piotr.

> Now that Piotr's is about to find a home, perhaps it's okay for us to
> rely on that one.  I just didn't like the idea of running something from
> Piotr's personal repo.

Well, "pg_bsd_indent is whatever you can find in the FreeBSD repo" is
not a rule that is going to work either.  We need to have a standardized
version that all developers can run and get the same results.  So I
think we'll either have a blessed tarball that we pass around (same
as we do now), or we'll put it into our own tree.  I don't really see
much downside to the latter except bloat.