Piotr Stefaniak <postg...@piotr-stefaniak.me> writes:
> On 2017-06-16 21:56, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Unless Piotr objects, I propose to add another switch to bsdindent
>> that selects this behavior, and then we can drop entab, removing
>> another impediment to getting pgindent working.

> I understand the reasoning, but this is a very specific need and I think
> not at all universal for anyone else in the future. One of the bugs
> listed in indent's manpage is that it "has more switches than ls(1)". So
> currently I'm against pushing an option for the above upstream, to the
> FreeBSD repository.

> Why not add this to the already non-empty list of custom patches?

Umm ... I thought the idea was to get to the point where the list of
custom patches *is* empty.  Except for carrying our own Makefile of
course.  I'd be sad if we needed a fork just for this.

What I'm testing with right now has just four differences from your repo:

1. This workaround for what I believe you agree is a bug:

-           ps.in_decl = ps.decl_on_line = ps.last_token != type_def;
+           ps.in_decl = ps.decl_on_line = true;

2. The long-lines adjustment I just sent you a patch for.

3. The tab-vs-space difference under discussion here.

4. A temporary hack affecting the indentation of comments on the same line
(forcing them to a multiple of 8 spaces even though tabsize is 4).  I have
every intention of dropping that one later; I just don't want to deal with
comment reindentation at the same time as these other things.