Josh Berkus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> 3) Dann is proposing not just a feature but sweeping changes to the way our
> commmunity works, despite having been a member of this community for about 3
> weeks total.

In Dann's defense, I didn't think I heard him proposing that we get rid
of our existing testing methods, but rather that we see if we can't
supplement them with something more formal.  This strikes me as a
perfectly reasonable proposal.  However, he hasn't succeeded in
convincing anyone else to put their time into it (for reasons that
are also perfectly reasonable, namely that we find that our existing
methods do pretty well, and we don't have the manpower to create a large
formal testing structure ... even if we thought it would repay the effort,
which many of us doubt).  So it's his itch to scratch, or not.

Unless there's something more profitable to be said on the subject,
could we drop the thread?

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend