On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 1:13 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had in mind a ereport(WARNING) in create_syncrep_config. Extra
> thoughts/opinions welcome.

I think for v10 we should just document the behavior we've got; I
think it's too late to be whacking things around now.

For v11, we could emit a warning if we plan to deprecate and
eventually remove the syntax without ANY/FIRST, but let's not do:

WARNING:  what you did is ok, but you might have wanted to do something else

First of all, whether or not that can properly be called a warning is
highly debatable.  Also, if you do that sort of thing to your spouse
and/or children, they call it "nagging".  I don't think users will
like it any more than family members do.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company