Tatsuo Ishii <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I would like to propose adding new character set "JIS X
> 0213"(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JIS_X_0213).
> Note that since encoding schema of EUC_JIS_2004 is exactly identical
> to EUC_JP, we can reuse existing encoding routines defined in
> utls/mb/*.c.

I'm confused.  If this is exactly the same as EUC_JP, why do we need
any new code at all?  Why not just a documentation addition saying
they are the same thing?  Or maybe rename EUC_JP to reflect the new
standard number (we've certainly renamed encodings before).

                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate