Magnus,

> I'd also vote for changing the name of the "non encrypted" version to
> just "gss" instead of "gss-np".

I don't.  We'll want to support GSS encryption once we have the code, so we
should leave the namespace open to address that.

> Oh, and I do think putting in GSSAPI authentication only (and not
> encryption) is the way to go for now, since we can do encryption with
> OpenSSL. It'll make the changes localized to just the authentication.

For now, yes.  In the long run, we want to provide users with other methods
of encrypted connections than the rather flaky and
not-available-on-every-platform OpenSSL.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun