On Tue, 15 May 2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Oleg Bartunov wrote:
On Tue, 15 May 2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Tsearch2 in core. I know that Tom has some reservations, he I and Treat all commented on how it was done and to my knowledge those reservations have not been resolved.

We'd like to know about these reservations. If I understand you mean there are issues with the patch ? Our patch is several months old. We permanently
keep it in sync with CVS HEAD, latest version is 0.47.

there are several others threads.

well, we did answer all raised questions and I don't want to begin
another wave. The only problem I see is that some people doesn't like
introducing SQL syntax, they claim functions would be enough. SQL is a
nice language to manipulate db objects, finally. Also, select to fts_create_dictionary(bla-bla....) looks pretty ugly,
pretty artificial.

CREATE FULLTEXT DICTIONARY dictname [ { INIT init_function
        | LEXIZE  lexize_function
| OPTION opt_text } [ ... ]] LIKE template_dictname;

Joshua D. Drake

Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83