Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 May 2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >
> >> Tsearch2 in core. I know that Tom has some reservations, he I and
> >> Treat all commented on how it was done and to my knowledge those
> >> reservations have not been resolved.
> >
> > We'd like to know about these reservations. If I understand you mean
> > there are issues with the patch ? Our patch is several months old. We
> > permanently
> > keep it in sync with CVS HEAD, latest version is 0.47.
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-01/msg01172.php

Oleg has been producing new versions of his patch, and no one has
objected to any of it, so I assume all the issues were addressed.

As far was whether tsearch2 should be in core, I think most agreed that
SQL support for full-text would make it easier to use, and that it is a
fundamental technology.  As I remember, the only holdback was full
multi-byte support, but that is done.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          http://momjian.us

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq