On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 12:49, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Well, the bar is lower for contrib stuff than for core, but you'd better
> > get such changes in PDQ, I'd say ...
>
> The contrib stuff is usually at the control of the author, so you can
> make changes relatively late.  However, the later the changes, the less
> testing they get, but the decision is mostly yours, rather than core.

Well I don't have anything in the hopper right now, so there is little
chance anything would be ready before the release.  My really question
was can I make large changes to a contrib module to a point release,
meaning, 7.4.0 will have what is in beta, but 7.4.1 would have a much
improved version.  Does that sound possible? Or too radical for a point
release?

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster