> Yes , of course I must try to upgrade PGsql to 7.4 and may be  OS to FC 2-3
> too.
> My server products are intel based [mainboard , CPU ,Case , Power supply ,RAID
> Network card] dual Xeon 32 bit 3.0 Ghz which I consulted Thai intel supervisor
> and they told me that increasing the ram for more than 4 Gb. may be possible
> depending on the OS.

I never tried FC before, but I recommend using Debian (with custom
kernel) or if you have the patience: Gentoo. Those are "strictly
business" distros, no unnecesary stuffs running  after installation.
Providing a good base for you to focus on performance tweaks. Others
may have different opinions, though...