Randolf Richardson wrote:

 While this doesn't exactly answer your question, I use this little
 tidbit of information when "selling" people on PostgreSQL.  PostgreSQL
 was chosen over Oracle as the database to handle all of the .org TLDs
 information.  ...

Do you have a link for that information? I've told a few people about this and one PostgreSQL advocate (thanks to me -- they were going to be a Microsoft shop before that) is asking.

Of course you could read their application when they were competing with a bunch of other companies using databases from different vendors.

I believe this is the link to their response to the database
 questions...

http://www.icann.org/tlds/org/questions-to-applicants-13.htm#Response13TheInternetSocietyISOC

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster