Oliver Crosby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> You could possibly get some improvement if you can re-use prepared plans
>> for the queries; but this will require some fooling with the client code
>> (I'm not sure if DBD::Pg even has support for it at all).

> Aye. We have prepared statements.

Ah, but are they really prepared, or is DBD::Pg faking it by inserting
parameter values into the query text and then sending the assembled
string as a fresh query?  It wasn't until about 7.4 that we had adequate
backend support to let client libraries support prepared queries
properly, and I'm unsure that DBD::Pg has been updated to take advantage
of that support.