kilon alios wrote:
Thanks Ben

I tried to install on my new fresh install of UBUNTU 14.04 64 bit and I get all sort of problems.

First download.sh does not like the fact that I try to run it from my secondary internal drive and not the home folder. I get permission denied and when I try to turn it to executable , nothing happens, chmod +x executes fine but the file never turns into an executable. Linux is fun :D

So i clone it inside the home folder and now even though it is able to run download.sh it gives me an error

"Downloading the latest pharoVM:
pharo-vm/pharo
Downloading PharoV10.sources:
Downloading PharoV20.sources:
Downloading PharoV30.sources:
Creating starter scripts pharo and pharo-ui
Please install the 32bit libraries
   sudo aptitude install ia32-libs
Preparing Pillar image
./pharo: line 11: /home/exloupis/git/UpdatedPharoByExample/pharo-vm/pharo: No such file or directory
"

I would install the 32bit libs but I thought that those are not necessary for Ubuntu 14 . So how I proceed ?

Sorry, I don't know anything on Pharo on Linux.  However my line 11 for file ./pharo is...
   "$DIR"/"pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo" --headless "$@"
which presumably wouldn't work at all for you, so I presume the process somehow customises the file ./pharo per platform.

Generally speaking, have you tried running the download script verbosely?
    bash -x ./download.sh

Presuming you find that ./pharo is called from prepare_image() in download.sh, then also prepend those lines with "bash -x" for a better look at what its doing

cheers -ben