kilon alios wrote:
I forgot to add that git comes with excellent gui clients that are far more powerful and elegant that what Pharo offers currently .

We started late. We had tools reasonably suited for our needs which we were comfortable with. I think/hope that once libgit is "released" in Pharo and the wider community becomes more familiar with it, it stimulates us to develop tools to rival the others. Tools that non-Smalltalkers also find useful, and when they want to add a feature, they are motivated to learn Pharo. I think this is a small additional benefit of tighter integration of git in Pharo.

cheers -ben