Le 5/6/16 à 23:00, Tudor Girba a écrit :
Hi Stef,

The quotes appear only when you add the result in the playground.

No need to explain I'm not idiot and I know it.
The typical use case for this is to keep track of several results.
No need to explain I'm not idiot and I know it.
In this situation you do not want to modify the code to not affect the
highlighting and this is why it gets in a comment.
This is fun because I never ever needed it. But this is probably what everybody else is doing that since this is the default.
I just write simple code and tests. Indeed I'm not that smart.

But your tools only embedd your scenario and let the other users forced to adapt.

Well you do not want but I do.
I spent my evening removing quotes while writing tests.

What I hate with the GTTools is that you want to teach me how I should work. Sorry but good tools do not do that.
Good tools empower the users and not constraint them.

I work a lot faster when I do not have to remove the wonderful comments or when I have to copy and paste. This commenting is breaking the flow of efficient people. May be GT team do not work write tests in the debugger but I do most of the time and I'm forced by the environment to remove quotes all over the places.
If you want to copy the content without quotes, you can do:
Cmd+p -> popup
Cmd+c -> selects the current line and copies the text
Esc
Cmd+v
Sorry but I do not want.
I just want to print and modify directly.
7 keystrokes vs 2
Perhaps we can add another keybinding like Shift+Enter for adding the text
without quotes.
And why not the inverse.
By default printing is printing and if you want to do something else then you have a special binding.

Now I'm upset with this general attitude (Oh I will teach how you can be a nice user) that I will turn them off or go and hack my own settings. Still I'm amazingly sad about this state of affair. All these story about GT is hurting me because of this attitude: we are so smart and we thought a lot and we will teach you
how you should work... and at the end I the end-user has to adapt.
Look at the Spotter discussions: you looked for the graal and I was just telling to you that I cannot find
simple information such as class refs!

So what saddens me the most is that
- you pretend to have end-user trying your tools but I have impression that they are not real power users or this is yourself and it means that you are never exposed to other people. I can still not use Spotter because the way I put my hand on my keyboard. So should change
        - 1 my hands
        - 2 my brain
        - 3 my keyboard
        - 4 do not use the tools?
- funnily enough if I would not have complain aggressively then it looks like we would have the same than before.

Your flow is not mine and I go faster my way but your tools force me to get slow. I do not have the time to produce a video but I would even if it would give a bad press to Pharo. I will do a presentation in the rmod team. Because people do not watch themselves why acting.

Good tools empower the users not constraint them.

GTTools feel often like an overengineer guitar that would have hampered Jimmy Hendrix to do crazy solos.

Cheers,
Doru