Hi hernan

Could you reply to my mail? Because what is important is how we can make progres.

About GT I have some concerns too now I see also a lot of improvements. I love GTInspector and we should remove EyeInspector.

I want to have once brick is out another minimal environment not based on anything so that we can have a back-door to debug when the other tools have a problems.

Now some answers:

Then it makes no sense raise any form of criticism, or the board, if by definition lobby groups silence any possible mistake.
No this is wrong. You can criticize as I criticize but you should give clear actionable points.
Else this is Oh XX is bad.
Tell us how we can address your problems and we will try.
Without clear feedback we cannot act.

    2. Features that goes inside Pharo are not decided by vote. They
    have to add value and share the Pharo vision (pointed in the
    vision document who is not slightly updated but still guides our
    steps). We try to reach consensus and if it is not possible, then
    we decide. Yes, is like that… I’m sorry for not being perfect
    democratic but this was never the idea of Pharo (it *has* a
    benevolent dictator… who by the way is not me but a group, the
    board).

Ok, now people can see one reason why Pharo is light years from the popularity of other OSS. I don't get how do you expect success with Pharo if you never change your mindset... I read a lot of papers and see KDE, gcc, Linux, NetBeans, Python, Mozilla, Apache collaboration models... never *ever* read something like that, specially now where OSS literature is considering distributed democracy.
Sorry but
- you would be surprised by how many people would vote to get GT tools inside Pharo :) - then I do not know what to tell you because I'm quite sure that Apache or Mozilla are not managed by vote of people.

In the end, time will tell, but can you cite another successful open source project with such "model"?
Sorry I do not have the time to know.
We want an doit model: doing in things should be more important than suh having needs (even if clients and users are important)

    4. You have a very negative opinion about our design choices.
    That’s ok, but we are not going to remove GT just because you
    dislike it.

It's not because of just my dislike. It's because it was never proposed for inclusion (it was just decided), it is because you make it almost impossible to uninstall it, and because it was integrated very early like an enhacement/future/vision set of tools without any votes, or high-resistance policy like many Open-Source projects, and judging by the volume of mails it required a lot of of time of beta-testing by many users.
You mean beside me someone was not really happy?
Seriously?
Now you can not use Spotter so I do not see the problem.
The Debugger is working well.
Playground looks like a default workspace.
Then GTInspector works perfectly for me.

I would love to have the time to invite you, or any GT developer, to work with me just one week with real DNA data, and see how well GT goes...

Please do a skype sharing session with Andrei and Doru. I'm sure that they will love to do it.
So I take your words and urge you do it.
It will help you to get out your frsutration and I'm sure that GT will improve.
So a clear win/win situation.

Maybe I should be sorry for not being as obedient and blindly accepting all board decisions as the word of God, as many on this list.
Can you imagine one moment that people like it?

Understood, what makes me most sad is users almost accepted they cannot do better and if they do, their work will never be integrated by default.
No do better.
Why I started Spec when ther was Glamour. Why Alain was working on Calipso?
I would love that someone comes and tell me: take XX it is super hyper cool UI Builder.

Instead, non-voters decisions discourages users to be rewarded for their creativity, and imposes many others to work free "supporting" tools which were imposed de facto.

    So again, I cannot stress this enough: Is my job to say no. I know
    I hurt some people but social development is complicated.
    I do not think I do a bad job :)

Me neither, but you cannot expect conformity from all of us.

Hernán

    cheers!
    Esteban

    On 24 Aug 2016, at 09:38, stepharo <steph...@free.fr