On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 11:12 AM jtuc...@objektfabrik.de <
jtuc...@objektfabrik.de> wrote:

I remember the days when all my newsgroups were in my Mail client (opera or
thunderbird). Stuff was easy and you could search stuff. Everything was in
one place., be it chess related, car repair tips or computing stuff. I used
the same GUI for all of that. And everybody went there, not to a number of
othjer places. These days we use StackOverflow. Or ServerFault. Or
Google+/Groups. Or Facebook, or Xing or Twitter or you name it. Sure, we
have bots to copy everything from everywhere to anywehre else. But, hey,
where's the value of this.

Even worse: if somebody happens to drop by comp.lang.smalltalk, they must
have the impression this is a long gone technology, because we now discuss
elsewhere and left that space to pill and investment bandits and trolls

Google Groups .... seriously ? Google groups were never popular and
practically almost none cares about it, its one the thousands failed
abandonware products of Google. G+ is not in a much better state either.

Mailing lists and IRC is still by far the most popular with open source
projects. Anything else is far less.

"

But, hey, we're off-topic now....

Joachim ;-)

"

Essentially the title of the thread is "what I can search pharo related
with google search" .... so , no we are not.  In order to be off topic we
will have to discuss something that is not pharo and google search related.

So let me rest assure you , you are way on topic, nothing to worry about.

Actually I have to thank you because with Google Groups you reminded me
another site to add to that google search query, Reddit. Not as active as
world.st but active enough , so add that to that query

 pharo spec site:world.st OR site:stackoverflow.com OR site:github.com OR
 site:reddit.com/r/smalltalk/