From: Vinyl Visions <vinyl.visi...@live.com>
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Theodore Roosevelt cylinder
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 11:56 AM

The same thing happened with my collection of Vogue Picture Records, which at
the time, were as scarce as hen's teeth. For years, I spent my spare time
scrounging through piles of worthless records looking for one or hours on the
phone trying to find a collector that might part with a duplicate. And then,
when I found one, I had to pay whatever the person wanted because you just
never found them. Then along comes eBay - and now it's no harder than doing a
search and sniping one at a great price and discovering that no one in America
ever threw them away. That's the market of supply and demand, as well as a new
generation of people who inherited a collection from their dad or grandfather
and would rather have a new loud muffler on their Japanese car or a stereo to
blow the body panels off...