From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of phonofo...@aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 5:18 PM
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Theodore Roosevelt cylinder

Let's face it folks us collectors were taken advantage of for decades...yes
decades for both vogue picture records and your most common phonographs.
Dealers knew these records were not rare and the same goes for your common
Edison, columbia and victor horned machines but collectors agreed to pay
outrageous prices on this merchandise. Actually ebay, and also the economy,
has worked in favor of the collector in that both have taken the wind out of
the sales (or sails) of the dealers whom I would say for a good 30 plus
years contolled the prices of the phonograph market. Prices are now at more
realistic levels than ever before and I do hope they stay realistic for
years to come.