hi all
tell me about it
i have three copies of warsaw concerto
lol
its still all good

In a message dated 1/17/2011 2:56:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
vinyl.visi...@live.com writes:

The  same thing happened with my collection of Vogue Picture Records, which
at the  time, were as scarce as hen's teeth. For years, I spent my spare
time  scrounging through piles of worthless records looking for one or hours
on the  phone trying to find a collector that might part with a duplicate.
And then,  when I found one, I had to pay whatever the person wanted because
you just  never found them. Then along comes eBay - and now it's no harder
than doing a  search and sniping one at a great price and discovering that no
one in America  ever threw them away. That's the market of supply and
demand, as well as a new  generation of people who inherited a collection from
their dad or grandfather  and would rather have a new loud muffler on their
Japanese car or a stereo to  blow the body panels off...

> Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:41:08  -0800
> From: smst...@gmail.com
> To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
>  Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Theodore Roosevelt cylinder
>
> It's the  economy, it's the internet.
> I own many records and cylinders. Many  very rare. Why own a record? As a
> digital file it as it takes up so  little space.
> And most of the time free or close to free.
> Not  much disposable income out there. On the other hand if I decide to
>  collect something different it is always at the top of the market,
>  regardless of the economy..[?]
> Mike
> oldcranky
>
>  On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:27 AM, john robles <john9...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

> > Hello all
> > Well, after I had offered  it here with no takers, I had listed my
Theodore
> > Roosevelt  cylinder on eBay, It used to be that they went for around
$100,
> >  and it only got up to $66. What's your opinion, is this cylinder
(Social
> > and Industrial Justice) just that common, or is it the  economy, or
what?
> > Just wondering. I can seem to let it go for  less than $85 so I think
I'll