They're fairly common. I have a couple of three cylinder size and a twelve cylinder. I also have a six cylinder size for wax Amberols which illustrates an Idelia instead of the old couple.

I seem to remember someone selling them on eBay regularly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vinyl Visions" <vinyl.visi...@live.com>
To: <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2011 5:39 PM
Subject: [Phono-L] Edison Retail Cylinder Box???

I'm sure someone on the list can identify this box. It appears to be a three pack from 1905. Questions: What was it used for? Was it a "special deal" to buy three cylinders? How common/uncommon is this box? Does anyone have one like it? What would be a relative value? Any other information? This came from the recent phonograph auction in Raleigh, NC and no collectors that I know have ever seen one...
http://www.preservemymoney.com/pictures/Edison_3_Box.jpg