------------------------

Perhaps Charles in his 40 or 50 years, has not had the opportunity or desire to
check ebay.

As George G. said....they come up on ebay from time to time.

A couple of years ago, someone on ebay was selling them, and they looked like
NOS. He had a bunch of them.

I got my "six pack"  pre-ebay and paid a lot for it, because I, like you, had
never seen one before.

So the internet (ebay) is the great equalizer, and has made scarce things more
common (again and again).

An example of this in another collecting field are the original cardboard boxes
for the Toonerville Trolley toy.  These were from the 20's.  Someone recently
found dozens, NOS, in a warehouse, and now can be found in flea markets, shows,
and yes, ebay.

Dennis