At 09:05 AM 4/6/01 -0500, Brian.J.Mauter wrote:
>If you're using Linux or Unix, then you're going to have to compile Oracle
>into PHP.

>This is quite troublesome.

   not really.

>For this to work, you first must install Oracle8i (maybe just the client
>will work?).

   Yes, you may install only the client Net8 client on the
webserver.  ..but you also must configure it so that it can reach your
Oracle database (presumably on a different server).  Here, I've got
Apache/PHP and the Oracle Net8 client installed on a Linux box.  The
database is installed on a huge Sun box.

>This also requires a specific version of the Java Runtime Environment
>(available at for Linux).

   Could you explain this?  I don't recall having to install any specific
Java Runtime Environment on our Linux box...

>After that, on your ./configure line, you need the option
>  --with-oci=/usr/local/Oracle/ or wherever you installed

   or, more specifically, the ORACLE_HOME directory.  Quite likely, it's
more apt to be --with-oci=/home/oracle/OraHome1/

>Brian Mauter

   Roll Tide!

- Brian

    Brian S. Dunworth