It sounds like the problem you are having is the same one I had.  There is a
variable in the php.ini called upload_max_filesize that the default max size
in here is 2Mb, so when importing or exporting a dump file that is over 2Mb,
it will not work.  Try changing this in your php.ini file and see if that
fixes it.  You may need to restart the server that PHPMyAdmin is running on to
get it to register.  Let us know if it still does not work.  Thanks.

Maureen Biorn