I have several files I import daily using phpMyAdmin, the biggest of which is
over 4Mb and it only takes 5-10 seconds, but both machines (my pc-750Mhz Win98
and the server) are on the same network.  If you are using dialup to access
it, that could be why it is taking longer.  Otherwise, I would look somewhere
else for the problem.

Maureen Biorn