> I'm running a local web server for development on my Win ME machine
> using apache, mysql 3.23.38, and php4. I've been copying my mysql
> database that is online to my local one every once in a while. When the

Since you're using relatively recent version of MySQL might I suggest you
setting up the MySQL replication system (chap 11 in the manual if I remember
correctly).  You don't have to be constantly receiving updates however if
setup correctly you can use the LOAD table FROM master command to grab the
most recent copy of the table you want in a single command.

Sincerely,

Craig Vincent