Shiloh Madsen wrote:

actually theres a problem with this, the page returned usually has several
returns in it, so i cant hand code the id in there, will it work to do
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jordan S. Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Shiloh Madsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Hyperlinking to a new page

Shiloh Madsen wrote:

Ok, I know this should be easy, but im just blanking on how to do it. I

a webpage where you put in a city name, and it queries a database of all

cities in the US and brings back all cities matching that name. This part
works just fine. What I want to do now is to create a hyperlink for each
city name which, when clicked on will then call up a second page listing

details of that city. What I need to do is pass this page the city id (or
any other identifying variable) to the detail page, but I cant for the

of me remember how to pass the data from one page to another outside of a
form. Any help would be appreciated.

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit:

-- PHP Database Mailing List ( To unsubscribe, visit: