At 13:47 3/5/2001, Cynic wrote:
>Zeev,
>
>do you think ASF is a Nazi-like group? I don't think so.
>Nor do I witness endless discussions caused by the fact that
>the Apache release cycle is far (in a galaxy far, far away.. :)
>stricter than the PHP one.

I was talking about the ruleset and the way to follow them.  I'm didn't
refer to any person or group with that adjective.

With all due respect to Apache, almost nothing is similar between the two
projects, so the kind of rules they have there don't necessarily (and
probably just don't) fit PHP.

>4.0.5 took very long to release, and it seems like it could
>have been released a month ago - pl1 is inevitable anyway.

It's inevitable enough for it not to exist;  I don't see any reason for
pl1.  I think that the quality of 4.0.5 today is better than that of 4.0.5
a month ago, except for this COM bug (we should keep in mind that the
severity of a bug in this module is not that high, so there's no need to
get concerned about it).

>One more thing: unless I'm mistaken, vast majority of people
>who have raised their voices has voted for tighter rules.
>I'm of the same opinion. Without an effective way to impose
>their judgement, the QA team is just a joke.

It's not a joke since it works.  I've only seen a couple of people even
participating in this discussion, so 'vast majority' is meaningless.

Zeev