Hi George, actually what I meant when I said to send mail to php-dev was
that you should describe your actual extensions.  General-purpose
extensions that really would be useful to a wide audience are good
candidates for inclusion, although there has been a push to start the
process of moving some of this stuff out into PEAR, especially for new
extensions.

-Rasmus