Manuel Lemos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One thing that I think it is really vital to prevent PHP to leak even
> more users to other languages is to have built-in support for consuming
> Web services.

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/WebServices/SWSAPI/phptut

yes, that's not built-in. but dealing with xml in c is a grotty,
not-very-fun task. so not fun that i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for
a built-in implementation to materialize because someone decided to
knock one together. like the xmlrpc implementation now included with
php4, i suspect you'll have to wait for some corporate interest to
decide they need a high-performance soap implementation for php before
one shows up.

jim