the large amount of time between the branches.

> Yes. That may be. But there are a lot of bugfixes in the latest
> STABLE-snapshot I tested (26/07/02) - or exactly: All bugs I experienced
> were fixed. So the easiest thing would be to cancel all new features that
> were planned for 4.2.3 and move them to 4.3.0 and apply all patches that
> have been fixed in the last STABLE-snapshot and do a quick release process
> (no new features, no or at least few new problems).

we released 4.2.2 less than a week ago. If we release any new package within
2weeks to a month, i feel it'll just infuriate system admins more. People
don't want to be installing new packages every week for the same product.

Of all the complaints i hear about PHP, one of the biggest is the frequency
of packages; it's too much for people to cope with.

I suggest that if you want fixes, use snapshots or cvs... and we release
packages every few months which have been QA tested and are fit for
production use.

 -- James