On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Sebastian Nohn wrote:

> That is no solution for the real problem. People are frustrated because they
> don't know if their software runs on the next machine they put it on because
> this machine maybe has another PHP-version. It's the same thing like GD or
> Apache 2. Why was GD forked by PHP, why was Apache 2-SAPI development
> stopped for a long time? Because it was unsatisfying.

I meant a 'stable' snapshot which is taken from the PHP_4_2_0 branch.

> What does the license say about forking PHP?

You can fork if you want, but not call it something with PHP in it's
name. But consider what you are doing then. What pros does it have
instead of using a snapshot? IMO it will only shatter development and
QA, and that's not a good idea.

Derick

 Did I help you?   http://www.derickrethans.nl/link.php?url=giftlist
 Frequent ranting: http://www.derickrethans.nl/