On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:59:31 +0200 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Sebastian Nohn) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > we released 4.2.2 less than a week ago. If we release any new
> > package within 2weeks to a month, i feel it'll just infuriate system
> admins more.
> > People don't want to be installing new packages every week for the same
> product.
>
> We were running 4.0.4pl1 for more than one year, then we needed some new
> features and installed 4.1.2, 4.2.0, 4.2.1. No! We did'nt want to install
> 4.2.0 or 4.2.1 bescause we liked to, or we needed any new feature or our
> sysadmin wanted to install this, we simple wanted to get a running
> enviroment. It was pure hell and it is still! These releases were'nt even
> able to do the most simple things like sorting arrays, creating files &
> directorys, diff'ing arrays and so on.

I have used all these versions in production and didn't have any problems in the
parts you are talking about.
maybe you have certain circumstances which should be tested on QA?

Never had a "hell" like you the one you are talking about with any release of php as
the software has grown with the php-versions.

Thomas