Hey Rasmus,

Another thing came to my mind. Your proposal looks awfully similar to Rob
Loach's component system.
Have you had a look at it? => http://robloach.github.io/component-installer/
Any thoughts about that? Shouldn't we consider building on this existing
example?

The difference is that Rob Loach has an implementation of a Composer
installer instead. So rather than working on a specification, he directly
created an implementation. Which is actually fine because you don't need a
framework for your assets to be copied (they are copied/linked by the
component-installer composer plugin that is a dependency of your asset
package).
What would be the value of an Asset-PSR (if you want to build a PSR out of
it), instead of Rob's direct implementation?

Best regards,
David.