Using this standard, people can know what packages you are using because of
its predictable paths. Some packages are running server-side code as well
as exposing public assets.

I said (in the comments of the gist) that exposing stuff is the
responsibility of the developer. I’m sure some people will be confused and
disclose informations they shouldn’t (as mention by Fabien).