Hi Rasmus,

I was going to mention Puli too. Not because of all its features, but
because it contains a very simple solution to a wider problem: locating
resources.

Puli encourages to have a `res/` directory containing all resource files
(just like `src/` contains all source files). Resources include assets,
configs, templates, etc. Because the problem with everything that is not a
source file is "how to locate it" (for source files we have the autoloader).

Once an application can locate assets, it can publish them, minify them,
etc. The standard would avoid deciding what to do with assets (whereas your
proposition only solves how to expose them, which is quite restrictive).
The less the standard expects the better.

Matthieu