I use ultraedit 8.0 this editor rocks :)

on a side note as someone else posted, 'everyone to their own' it dont
matter what editor you love as long as the work gets done.

Chris Lee
Mediawaveonline.com

""Murph"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
003201c08027$e886c480$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:003201c08027$e886c480$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
Hi.

FrontPage sucks for working with PHP.

I've been doing all my coding by hand and that's fine as far as it goes but
I just got a promotion at work where everyone uses FrontPage so I bought it
to see how I can use it to show these old dogs some new tricks.

Nice program. Allows for workgroups where different people can work on
different parts of a project. That'll come in handy. It also has some nice
tree charts to show you where the project is branching out and generates
some useful reports like where the dead links are.

What I *really* liked about it was the ability to apply a common theme
across all my pages. Man, that was pretty cool. Plus, let's face it, using
an HTML editor really takes some of the drudgery out of designing your
pages.

The problem is, if the web page that is designed with FrontPage doesn't end
with a regularly accepted filename extension like *.htm, FrontPage doesn't
seem to really know how to handle it and I need it to handle pages that end
with *.php.

What are my options? I don't think I missed anything with FrontPage after
scouring the manual and online and inline help pages.

Anyone out there using an HTML editor that they'd like to recommend? Why?
Are there any FAQs I should be reading for this answer?

Maybe I should just use a style sheet for a common look and for the rest,
suck it up and take it like a man?

Yours,
Murph

www.murphatnight.com