Folks,

I'm just getting ready to built a webserver this weekend and was planning on using
RH9, so this thread especially caught my eye. The website that the server will be
hosting is pretty simple, some basic DB queries, no special Apache modules. Is Apache
2.0 still not a good choice for something simple?

If I really should use Apache 1.3, then which route would be easier...

1. Install RH9, remove Apache 2.0 and manually install Apache 1.3 (from tarball). The
only problem with this is that I will no longer be able to use the Red Hat Network's
"up2date" tool to download and apply patches (from what I understand). Up2date is a
huge time saver for me.

2. Install RH7.3, and manually install the latest version of PHP (I simply can't use
the version that comes with RH7.3). Of course then I still have the older version of
MySQL, and everything else.

Comments?

Joseph