I'm current;y in the process of setting up a new web server myself. The
obvious choice for me was to use Red Hat 7.3 for the install. On a clean
install all the nice options are already present, (ssl, php, mysql, gd
lib) which is much better thatn what we used to run, Red Hat 5.2! Been
running that for the past 4 years on that dinosaur.

Ed