Jed R. Brubaker wrote:
So as I am not an administrator, and all I have to go on is phpinfo (unless anyone has some suggestions), should I be seeing some trace of qmail in the phpinfo?

No.

<snip>
Given the paths phpinfo is reporting, is there anyway that the system could somehow still be using qmail? Or is that outside the scope of what this phpinfo can tell me?

It could be using any *nix MTA as long as it has a Sendmail wrapper (qmail does). PHP uses the Sendmail binary. Will only use Sendmail. Will only show Sendmail in the phpinfo(). What your sysadmins may or may not have done to the Sendmail binary is a different story.

PHP --> Sendmail Binary //using Sendmail
PHP --> Sendmail Binary (really qmail wrapper) --> qmail //using qmail

Have shell access to the box? Look in /var for a qmail directory. Can you recieve email on the box? If so, look at the headers.

--
John C. Nichel
ÜberGeek