At 6:24 AM +0800 12/3/07, Crayon Shin Chan wrote:
 It was also helped by the fact that the OP, who is
apparently, renowned for programming in rocks since the time before
binary was invented, ought to know list etiquette better than most.

That's "world renowned", if you please. :-)

But just to set the record straight, binary had been invented long before I came along. The programmers before then had to program in just rocks (1's). It wasn't until much later that the absent of rock was invented (0's).

Now, you may not think that one can do anything programming with just rocks, but that's the way the pyramids were built. Those old programmers were an accomplished lot.

As for me, with my vast experience, I think that "list etiquette" on an unmoderated list is what we make it. If you want to correct people as to "list etiquette", it's probably best for you to join a list with people who care what you think. Unfortunately, I think you'll probably have difficulty with that as well.

It's unfortunate that you can't take your talents and help someone instead of being so critical. To me, it would be a pretty sad life if I had nothing positive to say.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------