On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:34:53 +0100, "Richard Heyes" wrote:

>Seems my 1and1 server has finally gone kaput taking my website with
>it, and in the tradition of all good IT professionals, I have no
>backups. :( So this is an appeal to you to ask if you have downloaded
>anything from phpguru.org at all, could you please send it to me so I
>can try to rebuild my site.

Problems I see with the above:

* good IT professionals use version control AND take backups
* good IT professionals work on dev servers and migrate to test, prod
* good IT professionals don't tend to claim "guru" status themselves :)

Having said that, I'm about to commit yesterday's changes to Subversion
and run another backup whilst touching wood!

Checking Google's cache should give you an idea of what you had up
there, and the rebuild is always better than the original anyway...
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"