Kyle Terry wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Nathan Rixham <nrix...@gmail.com> wrote:
Eric Butera wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Kyle Terry <k...@kyleterry.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Edmund Hertle <
edmund.her...@student.kit.edu> wrote:
2009/1/20 Nathan Rixham <nrix...@gmail.com>
sounds like a starting point. and the starting point imho, interfaces
and abstracts, then implementations.

can i gather that this is a postive response and a few interested
parties?

if so important things like is this discussed on this list or where,
need
for server space and svn? etc scope for a user group / list @ php on
this?
or what..?

+ all monkeys no organ grinder approach, no release until all happy
(negating obvious trouble makers) and maybe a release manager for svn.

more thoughts please

Well, I think we should not go to fast... maybe we are setting up SVN,
webspace, domain, mailing-list and in the end this is only used by 4-5
people.

Well, I use Comcast and they put a 250gig cap per month of their
residential
customer, so my server can only be used temporarily if we need one.

Guys there's plenty of free "open source" hosted svn/git servers.  Do
a google search.

lol and sourceforge [doh]; that way if anything takes off natural user base
and integrated promotion "most active" - possibly with aid of tony :D

http://gitorious.org/

open to debate; my preference for now goes to sourceforge as it's all there including space with php support; proven you know. However i like new projects as well so open but overall +1 goes to whatever gets us up and running with the least time spent.

and on the other side.. to open things up

interface Object {
}

or

abstract class Object {
}

or

class Object {
}

nothing else for now:

reason:
to address the current and forseable lack of function(object $obj) in php; in addition to allow future scope for any common to all methods (or any implementation of this to have)

i guess first is it a good idea to have any of the above and to address this, then next if so which?