On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Kyle Terry <k...@kyleterry.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Daniel Brown <danbr...@php.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 19:58, Edmund Hertle
>> <edmund.her...@student.kit.edu> wrote:
>> >
>> > Well, I think we should not go to fast... maybe we are setting up SVN,
>> > webspace, domain, mailing-list and in the end this is only used by 4-5
>> > people. Because than this can be discussed on this mailinglist. But if
>> there
>> > are quite enough people interested, it would be indeed a good idea to
>> start
>> > some other kind of communication...
>>
>>     I flat-out disagree with this, Ed.  Nothing at all against you, though.
>>
>>    This is the General list for PHP, and while this project is
>> PHP-related (and "general" in nature), if we allow even the "regulars"
>> to do so here, how can we then tell others that we won't allow them to
>> discuss their PHP-related projects on this list?
>>
>>    Putting the code on a proper system to begin with means no
>> screwing around later when the project is running at full steam.
>> And even if there are only four or five people working on it, if those
>> folks put in a good effort, they can work wonders.
>>
>> --
>> </Daniel P. Brown>
>> daniel.br...@parasane.net || danbr...@php.net
>> http://www.parasane.net/ || http://www.pilotpig.net/
>> Unadvertised dedicated server deals, too low to print - email me to find
>> out!
>>

> I work on a development team of 3; me and 2 others. 1 of which only develops
> about a quarter of his time here. Even with my co worker sitting next to me,
> if we weren't using a repo, we would both be at a complete loss (right
> word?).
>
> --
> Kyle Terry | www.kyleterry.com

I have been using svn for 3 years by myself.  Recently I talked my
other co workers to play with it and they love it.  But even in an
army of one it's amazing to be able to figure out what I messed up
last week or why I decided to change something at 5:00.  People have
wrote books on it though, so I'll hush.