Probably a year or so ago I asked on this list before and basically
the response was that this should be impossible that it shouldn't
happen... So I'm asking again hoping someone new to the list can
suggest something that might lead to a fix or that someone else has
run across the problem in the intervening time frame.

One of our products allows you to "mail merge" using an uploaded data
file and have the results emailed to the recipients. IE works fine,
always has. Firefox at some point started having the data "disappear"
halfway through the merge and now the most recent version of Safari
ALSO has the data disappear halfway through the merge. This means that
users of Macs don't really have any options where before at least we
could point them to Firefox. (Not our favorite option but at least it
worked)

Here's the process:

1. Menu of what type of merge you want to do. (Initialize working table)
2. Process Data File (Initialize working table and then load in new data)
3. Build Email
4. Send out Email

And by disappear I mean that when the end user gets to step 3 and hits
"preview with data" to see what their final email will look like our
program basically responds "No data in your merge table" OR the user
hits the Merge button and again it says "No records to merge..." I've
checked both using the app and by watching the underlying MySQL
tables...

I added a line to the Initialize function to email me every time it's
called (for debugging users) and I get 2 emails for IE users and 4
emails for Firefox. I USED to only get 2 emails from Safari uses but
with the latest version I get 4 now.

I've always been told it shouldn't matter what browser is being
used... but I have no other explanation of why it DOES matter... I've
tried disabling prefetching in Firefox (thinking MAYBE the browser was
prefetching the "bailout" link back to step 1 from step 3). The
initialize in step 1 fixed another problem we were having but I did
try disabling it temporarily to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could possibly be causing this?

Thanks!

Matt Neimeyer