> Right, errors should never be exposed, and error_reporting should be 0 in
> production but log function and the fact you can move Formaldehyde with the
> application means it does not require extra effort.

No, display_errors should be turned off (with log_errors turned on)
and error_reporting should be set to whatever standard you're coding
to (preferably, E_ALL | E_STRICT, but a lot of people like to ignore
E_NOTICE's).

> In few words, if in production Formaldehyde constant is false, and it must be
> false, nothing will be exposed.

So it's not zero configuration, then?

> You do not need to change your code if you configure properly the defined
> constant while you can use what logs have to offers plus you'll have 1:1
> production/development application

How do I configure a constant without changing code?  And I wasn't
aware that a 1:1 development:production environment was a desirable
thing.  Things like xdebug, display_errors, inclued, etc. should be
disabled for production and enabled for development.

> That simplicity is not offered so far by your suggested one as well, and
> please tell me how quick could be an instant PHP error "on screen" during
> tests or debug  rather than a log analysis but in any case, thanks for the
> feedback.

Run "tail -f /path/to/your/php/error.log" and watch the error logs as
they're appended, if you need instant error notification.

Honestly, I'm sure it sounds like this by now but I'm not trying to
trash your application, but you've not done a very good job selling
it.  It looks like you took some keywords ("ajax", "zero
configuration", "portable", etc. etc.) and tried to apply them to your
project, without actually seriously describing what your project is.
As best I can tell, your project doesn't do much other than facilitate
php debugging with Firebug, which is a very niche thing to do and any
development cycle that I've been a part of has had no need to do such
things, so I'm still failing to see Formaldahyde's usefulness.  Maybe
I've missed something?