>That sounds about right yeah. You could also get a little bit clever and only
>retrieve the rows from your db that >will go to make the array elements you'll
>need. It doesn't make sense to retrieve a full product list each time >someone
>visits the page,

Ok.

>so you only need to retrieve those that the user is interested in, which is
>shown by what they click on.

The relation between click and the display of the corresponded array child
elements, without using js, is the hardest to understand:

The user will click on a link / the URL will change / the new page will be
loaded to the user / the information displayed on that page should be related
with the element clicked on the first step.

So, the next page, should know what we have clicked before, in order to display
the information accordingly.
One of the ways that this can be done, is by passing params over the URL. The
URL param will tell us what element have we clicked, so it should be based on
URL. Once we have that, we need to ask: as that value passed on the url a
correspondent array element that contains children? If so, display them.

(I realize my incapacity of talking technically, by referring to "pages" and
other odd entities. I'm sorry for that).

Does the above makes any sense?

Thanks a lot,
Márcio